Basil pesto & green pea pasta the whole family will love
Basil pesto & green pea pasta
I’m a huge pasta lover, and so are the kids, literally I could eat pasta all week if I had to?! It’s easy, it’s quick and it’s so delicious. But too much pasta is not so good for my waist line, ha ha so I’ve been playing around with some recipes for healthy pastas ( whole wheat, butternut pasta, spinach pasta) honestly you get so many different kinds of pastas nowadays, that makes it so much fun to make super delicious and healthy pasta meals for the whole family.
My new favorite for our meatless Monday meals ( we try only eat meat twice a week) not because we are vegetarian, but just to mix things up a bit, it’s my basil pesto & green pea pasta. I ran a poll on my instagram asking if I should share my recipe, and I got a 100% interest… so here goes.
What you’ll need;
- Pasta ( I love using the whole wheat penne or the butternut pasta) available at most pick n pays
- Olive oil
- Basil pesto ( it’s fun to make you’re own, but if you in a rush – I love theasil pesto pasta from woolies) it’s in a small glass jar.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- Fresh basil
- Vegetable stock
- Bring water to boil on stove and add you’re preferred amount of you’re choice of pasta- cook to instructions
- Now add you’re vegetable stock ( thins give the pasta a lovely flavor) I add a sachet of the @woolworths vegetable liquid stock. Leave to cook pasta through.
- About a min – 2 min before pasta is done, add you’re peas to the pot while boiling.
- Drain pasta and peas, and return to pot
- Add basil pesto ( I used about 2 table spoons) but it’s really up to you on how “basily” you want it.
- Stir through and serve when hot.
- Drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle with some hard cheese. Voila!!